Garmin GPS 60. Backwoods, boundary waters, blue highways — the GPS 60 is your trusted guide to the great outdoors. The GPS 60 along with the GPSMAP 60 are packed with several of the features found in the 60 series color units, but sport an affordable, high-resolution, monochrome display for outdoor enthusiasts on a budget.
The rugged, waterproof GPS 60 is the perfect, low-cost, navigator for wherever your spirit of adventure takes you:
The GPS 60 is a non-mapping unit that comes factory pre-loaded with a 1 MB marine point database that includes worldwide cities. Like the other products in the 60 series, this trusty handheld is compact and lightweight, with a user-friendly interface. It's reliable and extra-precise as WAAS can make it. The unit also offers a dedicated geocaching mode, indoor/outdoor games, an alarm clock, sunrise/sunset and moon phase tables, optimal hunting and fishing times — plus much more.
- Large, sunlight-readable, four-level grayscale display with bright LED backlight makes it easy to find your way — day or night.
- 28 hours of battery life for more hours of outdoor enjoyment.
- Both serial and USB connections for fast and versatile download transfer.
- 1 MB of internal memory for storing points of interest from the MapSource Points of Interest CD
The GPS 60 makes it easy to navigate the great outdoors on a budget.
Package contents include:
- Sunlight-readable, four-level grayscale transflective FSTN display (1.5" W x 2.2" H; 2.6" diagonally)(160 x 240 pixels)
- 1 MB of internal memory for storing map detail
- Internal memory is preloaded with worldwide cities
- Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required
- Each day’s best hunting and fishing times—along with sunrise/sunset times—on the integrated Outdoor Calendar
- Special geocaching navigation mode
- Geolocation games, such as Virtual Maze, Nibbons, Geko, Smak, and Memory Race
- Fast map transfer, with support for both USB and serial port interfaces; navigation instructions can be shared with repeaters, plotters, and autopilots using NMEA protocols through the dedicated serial port
- Dedicated "mark", "page", "enter", "quit", "menu", "find",and "zoom out/in" buttons; four-position rocker pad
- 2.4" x 6.1" x 1.3" (W x H x D) unit dimensions
- Weighs 5.4 ounces (without batteries), 7.5 ounces (with batteries)
- WAAS GPS receiver with accuracy to 10 feet in North America; built-in quad-helix antenna for better satellite reception
- 28 hours of battery life under typical-use conditions (uses two "AA" batteries)
- Multi-platform navigation for easy navigation in a car or boat, or on foot
- Waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (can be submerged in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- 50 reversible routes, 10,000 track points with tracBack technology (navigate to any track point on the displayed map), and 500 waypoints with additional graphical icons for location identification
- Proximity alerts for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint; built-in alarm clock
- Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more
- Garmin GPS 60
- Worldwide City Point Database
- PC/USB interface cable
- Wrist strap
- Belt clip with button
- Quick start guide
- Owner's manual