Garmin GPSMAP 172C Chartplotter
The Garmin GPSMAP 172C fixed-mount chartplotter offers brilliant sunlight-readable color LCD, robust features, and a user-friendly interface—in a compact, value-priced console.
It comes standard with a built-in worldwide marine basemap and accepts MapSource BlueChart offshore marine cartography—featuring detailed depth contours, inter-tidal zones, wrecks, navaids, and many other points of interest. For small-water anglers, the GPSMAP 172C is compatible with MapSource Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots—featuring fishing areas, boat ramps, marinas, and hazards for hundreds of popular U.S. and Canadian lakes. Pre-programmed data cards can be easily inserted into the slot on the front of the unit.
For added flexibility, mariners can upgrade the GPSMAP 172C to a full-fledged combination chartplotter/sounder at any time by adding a Garmin GSD 20 "black box" sonar and transducer.
Package contents include (depending on configuration):
- 320 x 320-pixel, 256-color CFTN screen with adjustable CCFL backlight
- 3.2" H x 3.2" W (4.5" diagonal) viewing area
- 4.9”H x 6.3”W x 2.8”D unit dimensions
- State-of-the-art 200 MHz processor makes data acquisition, panning, and zooming virtually instantaneous
- User waypoints are automatically tagged with the date and time of creation
- 10,000 active track points and 1000 saved track points; database information can be stored on removable data cards and transferred to a PC or another unit
- Sends, receives, and displays positioning data with DSC-equipped VHF radios
- TracBack™ mode helps guide you back to points along a route
- Tracklines can be color-coded for trolling or cruising applications
- GPSMAP 172C Sounder with built-in Worldwide Marine basemap
- Remote antenna with 30 ft. cable or integrated GPS antenna
- Power/data cable
- 1-knob, adjustable tilt and swivel mount
- Flush mount kit hardware
- User's manual