The Garmin GPSMAP 3005C - Affordable Marine Networking
The economical GPSMAP 3005C will introduce a new segment of boaters to the Garmin Marine Network. With its lower price and smaller footprint, this unit is ideal for serious bass or walleye anglers, or for pleasure boaters who want to make sure they have cutting-edge information at their fingertips. The GPSMAP 3005C also works well as a secondary unit for a boat already rigged with the Marine Network.
The waterproof GPSMAP 3005C features a five-inch (diagonal) sunlight-readable, 256-color, 640 x 480-pixel VGA display. Like other multifunction displays (MFDs) within the Garmin Marine Network, the GPSMAP 3005C is compatible with BlueChart®, MapSource® Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots®, and Minnesota Lakemaster® marine cartography. The GPSMAP 3005C communicates with the rest of the network via a 100-megabit Garmin proprietary network. Once it is connected, the 3005C automatically detects any and all peripherals, automatically sharing information like waypoints, routes, tracks, and cartography.
The GPSMAP 3005C accepts XM WX Satellite Weather data service from the GDL™ 30 and GDL 30A weather data receiver (sold separately). When installed, the GPSMAP 3005C can display more than 15 different types of graphical weather information—including animated NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, pressure, visibility, precipitation, wind data, wave data, and sea surface temperatures—directly onto the chartplotter display. With the GDL 30A, the unit also provides XM Satellite Radio service.
For boaters wanting dual-frequency sonar capabilities, the GPSMAP 3005C can be connected to Garmin’s GSD 20 “black box” sounder, which offers 4,000 watts of peak-to-peak power (500 watts RMS).
To offer the greatest value in a compact size, the GPSMAP 3005C differs from the larger GPSMAP 3006C and GPSMAP 3010C in the following ways:
- 3 serial ports (1 dedicated to the GPS 17, 2 configurable), compared to 4 for the GPSMAP 3006C and GPSMAP 3010C
- Single, front-loading card slot vs 2 slots on the GPSMAP 3006C and GPSMAP 3010C
- The following features are not supported: VGA output, video input, audio out, alpha numeric keypad, and IR remote
Package contents include:
- WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS sensor with 30-foot cable
- Use individually or connect and control multiple displays and sensors with built-in high-speed network
- View XM WX Satellite weather overlays with optional GDL 30/30A weather/audio receiver
- Add sonar with optional GSD 20 remote sounder; dual-frequency, 500 watts RMS
- Unit dimensions: 7.8” W x 4.7” H x 3.0” D (197 mm x 120 mm x 75 mm)
- Single, front-loading card slot accepts pre-programmed data cards
- 5”-diagonal, 256-color TFT, full VGA, sunlight-readable display
- Weighs approximately 1.8 lbs.
- Backlit display and keypad
- Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required
- Meets rigid IEC 60529 IPX7 submersible standards
- Built-in worldwide basemap showing cities, interstates, coastline detail and U.S. tide stations
- Compatible with Garmin’s BlueChart® marine cartography and most MapSource® products, including Fishing Hot Spots® and Minnesota LakeMaster®
- 4,000 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes with 300 waypoints/route
- 10,000 point automatic track log; 15 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions; 700 points/saved track
- Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, and user grid
- Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, shallow water, deep water, proximity waypoint, clock, and battery
- Large-numbers option for easy viewing
- Course and speed filtering
- Built-in celestial tables for sun and moon calculations
- GPSMAP 3005C
- Basemap: Worldwide Marine
- GPS 17 WAAS-enabled sensor
- Power/data cable
- Bail mount
- Unit cover