The Garmin GPSMAP 3010C and the GPSMAP 3006C launch Garmin into the world of Marine networking, with plug-and-play systems that put GPS, weather, sonar, radar, and other important data at boaters’ fingertips.
Both units are waterproof and feature a sunlight readable, 256-color, 640 x 480-pixel VGA display. The screen size for the GPSMAP 3010C is 10.4" diagonal. These multifunction displays (MFDs) are powered by a high-speed processor and graphics controller for fast redraw of charts and weather graphics. They communicate with the Garmin Marine Network through a 100-megabit Garmin-proprietary ethernet-based network. The entire system is waterproof and completely plug-and-play—the MFDs automatically detect any and all peripherals once they’re connected. Boaters can connect a GPS antenna and one remote sensor directly to the MFD. Or, with the addition of the GMS 10 Network Port Expander, users can connect multiple MFDs and sensors to the same network. Each networked MFD can be configured independently.
A unique feature to the Garmin Marine Network is the addition of the GDL 30 weather data receiver. Through a partnership with XM WX Satellite Weather, mariners can—for the first time—access real-time graphical weather data for the United States directly on the GPSMAP 3010C or 3006C—without the need for a separate PC interface. For those wanting more than 120 channels of XM Satellite Radio along with weather data, Garmin also offers the GDL 30A—which provides a unique audio-channel interface on the 3010C and 3006C that allows for connection to an on-board stereo.
GPSMAP 3000 series products receive sonar data through the GSD 20, a proprietary "black box" sounder which offers 4,000 watts of peak-to-peak power (500 watts RMS) in a dual-frequency transducer. The Garmin Marine Network is also compatible with Garmin's new marine radar — the GMR 20 and GMR 40. Combining power, range and high-definition targeting with easy-to-use navigation features, these X-band digital color radars come with automated tuning and simple “plug-’n-play” installation.
The Garmin Marine Network also offers a unique network upgrade system. The user simply prompts the MFD to read the current software version of all components within the network, and writes them onto a Garmin data card. Then the user uploads this data via a PC to the Garmin website, where the newest software versions are downloaded to the data card. The entire system is automatically updated once the card is re-inserted into the MFD.
Package contents include:
- WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS sensor with 30 ft. cable length
- High-speed RISC processor and graphics controller for fast screen redraw
- Use individually or connect and control multiple displays and sensors with built-in high-speed network
- View weather overlays with optional GDL 30/30A remote XM marine weather/audio satellite receiver
- Add sonar with optional GSD 20 remote sounder
- 13.1" W x 8.8" H x 3.25" D unit dimensions
- Dual card slots; accepts data cards programmed with Garmin’s BlueChart cartography
- 10.4"-diagonal, color TFT, full VGA, sunlight-readable display
- Weighs approximately 5.0 lbs.
- Backlit display and keypad
- Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required
- Two composite video inputs for on-board cameras; 1 VGA PC monitor video output
- Three data ports allow for NMEA 0183 and proprietary Garmin
- Remote operation using optional Garmin infrared remote control
- Water resistant; meets IEC 60529 IPX7 standards
- Built-in worldwide basemap showing cities, interstates, coastline detail and U.S. tide stations
- Compatible with Garmin’s BlueChart marine cartography and most MapSource products, including Fishing Hot Spots and MetroGuide
- 4000 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes with 300 waypoints/route
- 10,000 point automatic track log; 15 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions; 700 points/saved track
- Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS; and user grid
- Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, shallow water, deep water, proximity waypoint, clock, and battery
- Large-numbers option for easy viewing
- Course and speed filtering
- Built-in celestial tables for sun and moon calculations
- Multiple languages (future software update required)
- GPSMAP 3010C
- GPS 17 WAAS-enabled sensor
- A/V cable
- Power/data cable
- Unit cover
- Installation manual
- Owner's manual