The Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx - Refreshing a GPS Standard
The GPSMAP 76Cx is a refreshing upgrade of the GPSMAP 76C, one of our most popular models for outdoor and marine use. This unit features a removable microSD card for detailed mapping memory and a waterproof, rugged housing. The microSD card slot is located inside the waterproof battery compartment. Users can load map data and transfer routes and waypoints through the unit’s fast USB connection. In addition, this unit features a new, highly sensitive GPS receiver that acquires satellites faster and lets users track their location in challenging conditions, such as heavy foliage or deep canyons.
Considered the mainstay among serious outdoor enthusiasts, the GPSMAP 76Cx and GPSMAP 76CSx offer a large color TFT display and turn-by-turn routing capability. These units also float when dropped in the water. Each unit comes with a blank 128 MB microSD card. Owners of these new x-series handhelds can also purchase new microSD cards that are pre-loaded with MapSource Topo and inland lake maps, BlueChart marine cartography, and City Navigator street maps.
The Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx features include:
Package contents include:
- New high-sensitivity WAAS-capable GPS receiver by SiRF
- Built-in quad-helix receiving antenna with remote antenna capability
- Unit dimensions: 2.7” W x 6.2” H x 1.4” D
- Display: 1.5” W x 2.2” H, 2.6”-diagonal, 256-color, transflective TFT (160 x 240 pixels)
- Weight: 7.6 ounces with batteries (not included)
- microSD card slot allows for storage of optional MapSource detail (128 MB microSD included)
- LED backlit display and keypad
- Battery life: 18 hours (typical use) using two AA alkaline batteries
- Includes a built-in Americas autoroute basemap with automatic routing capabilities, including highways, exits, and tide data (USA only)
- Internal memory is preloaded with a marine point database
- 1,000 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes
- Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, user grid, and more
- Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, and clock
- Large-numbers option for easy viewing; dual-position display mode
- Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more
- 10,000-point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks (500 points each) let you retrace your path in both directions
- Navigation instructions can be shared with repeaters, plotters, and autopilots using NMEA protocols through the dedicated serial port.
- Built-in celestial tables for sun and moon calculations and the best times to fish and hunt
- Compatible with most MapSource products including BlueChart, City Navigator, U.S. TOPO 24K, U.S. TOPO, and Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots
- Water resistant: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards
- Unit floats when dropped in the water.
- GPSMAP 76Cx unit
- 128 MB microSD
- USB interface cable
- MapSource Trip & Waypoint Manager CD
- Owner's Manual
- Quick-Start Guide