Garmin iQue M3 PDA GPS. The iQue M3 is a user-friendly automotive GPS navigator in a sleek, lightweight Pocket PC design. The attractively priced iQue M3 features larger, more-intuitive icons that make it easier for consumers to select navigation applications using their index finger, rather than a stylus.
No other unit on today’s market combines straightforward in-car navigation with Pocket PC applications like the iQue M3. This powerful time-saving tool is ideal for anyone who wants to simplify their life with one integrated device for their automobile, home, or office.
The iQue M3 features Microsoft’s Windows Mobile 2003 Professional Edition software package, Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, which supports portrait/landscape screen orientation for easy viewing of multimedia content.
Incorporating Garmin’s proven, easy-to-use c-series automotive navigation software, the iQue M3 provides premium in-car navigation capability with automatic route calculation to any destination. The intuitive, point-screen interface requires little input from the user. Users can easily see where they are on an electronic map, and look up an address or point of interest and route to it. An integrated speaker gives voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions to your destination.
Users are also able to choose between a three-dimensional navigation view or the more traditional 2D overhead view. The 3D-navigation perspective lets drivers see an uncluttered view of what’s down the road.
A built-in basemap of North and South America shows major highways, thoroughfares, railways, lakes, rivers and borders. Garmin includes its MapSource City Select DVD as a standard accessory, so users can download detailed street-level map data, look up nearly six million points of interest (POIs), and navigate to addresses throughout the U.S. and Canada. World travelers can also add a European or Pacific Rim basemap from the installation CD and purchase detailed maps separately.
The GPS antenna on the iQue M3 folds flush with the back of the unit. To navigate, simply raise the antenna to enable Garmin’s patented antenna-release switch that simultaneously powers up the device, initiates the satellite-acquisition sequence, and defaults to the QueMap™ interface. Once the antenna switch is triggered, the device prepares to navigate. The antenna can also be adjusted for optimal GPS signal reception.
iQue M3 Features:
Package contents include:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition software
- Computing Software: Microsoft Pocket Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word and Excel; Windows Media Player, MSN Messenger Service, Calculator and ActiveSync
- Processor: 312-MHz Intel PXA 271 Xscale processor, dedicated 48 MHz ARM7 GPS coprocessor
- Unit size/weight: 5.0” x 2.8” x 0.74”/ 5.9 oz.
- Screen dimensions: 3.5” diagonal
- Display: 240x320-pixel, transflective TFT display; 64K colors
- Internal Memory: 32 MB ROM; 64 MB RAM
- Battery: 1,250-mAh rechargeable lithium-polymer battery delivering 5-7 hours of continuous PDA/GPS use
- Audio hardware: Microphone, speaker, headphone jack
- Expansion: Secure Digital slot with SDIO compatibility
- Networking: IrDA, SDIO, USB
- iQue M3 handheld
- USB synchronization cable
- AC wall charger
- MapSource City Select DVD (US only)
- Companion CD or DVD (US only)
- Quick-reference guide
- Metal stylus
- Protective flip cover
- Automotive windshield mount w/ integrated charger