The Garmin StreetPilot 2730: a premium GPS automotive navigator that offers text-to-speech and traffic interface capabilities.
The StreetPilot 2730 offers real-time XM NavTraffic, XM WX Weather, and XM Radio capabilities. It comes ready to go, right out of the box - there's no need to download maps from your PC.
The XM Traffic, Weather, and Audio capabilities give the StreetPilot 2730 great utility, even when drivers know exactly where they are. XM NavTraffic is the first nationwide satellite-based data traffic information service to enable an overlay of current traffic conditions. The StreetPilot 2730 uses this data* to automatically calculate and suggest faster alternative routes long before traffic starts backing up.
* Requires a XM subscription
Accidents, road construction, or other incidents affecting traffic are graphically represented as icons on the navigation map. Precise information relating to a traffic incident is also available, including the precise location of the incident, the lanes affected, and the predicted duration. Roadways are color-coded to indicate directional traffic flow speed.
Additionally, the StreetPilot 2730 can also receive XM weather data*. Current weather conditions for over 2,000 locations, and weather forecasts for 162 cities, are displayed on-screen. United States county storm and flood warnings are also highlighted, allowing motorists to make prudent driving decisions.
The StreetPilot 2730 also offers more than 150 channels of XM satellite radio**, featuring 100-percent commercial-free music, as well as more than 30 channels of news, sports, talk, and entertainment. Users can send XM and navigation audio to their car stereo through the StreetPilot's integrated FM wireless transmitter or 3.5 mm stereo headphone/line-out plug.
The StreetPilot 2730 also comes equipped with an MP3 player that lets users take their personal music collection on the road and browse music by artist, album, song, or genre. Loading music is drag-and-drop easy, there's no need for special software. The StreetPilot 2730 also works as an audio book player, with content available for purchase from Audible.com, featuring more than 70,000 hours of audio programs from more than 200 content partners.
In addition to the turn-by-turn voice prompted navigation available in earlier StreetPilot models, the 2730 actually announces the name of upcoming streets and points of interest, letting drivers keep their eyes on the road while navigating through busy traffic. Highly-detailed maps featuring nearly six million points of interest (POIs) throughout the U. S., Canada, and Puerto Rico (destinations like hotels, restaurants, gas stations, and attractions) come pre-loaded on the unit's solid-state memory. If a driver strays off-course, the StreetPilot 2730 automatically recalculates a new route.
With POI Loader, users can also augment the pre-loaded maps with custom POI's such as school zones and safety cameras. In addition, a proximity alert option can warn the driver of upcoming custom POIs. (This safety feature is designed to help reinforce the importance of traveling at appropriate and legal speeds.)
Garmin's GXM 30 antenna, which is included with the StreetPilot 2730, receives and processes all XM traffic, weather and audio data. For maximum portability, the magnetic, waterproof, puck-size GXM 30 can be placed on the dashboard or the roof of the vehicle.
The StreetPilot 2730 boasts a WQVGA automotive-grade color TFT display with touchscreen that automatically adjusts the unit' s backlight for optimum viewability in any amount of light. Drivers can also view the map in either a three-dimensional perspective or a top-down track-up or north-up view.
*XM NavTraffic subscription required. **XM Radio subscription required.
StreetPilot 2730 Features:
- Preloaded maps ready to use out of the box
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Turn-by-turn directions
- The included GXM 30 smart antenna provides XM Satellite Radio, XM NavTraffic and XM WX Satellite Weather
XM NavTraffic provides the following traffic data:
- Unscheduled traffic incident data, such as accidents and disabled vehicles
- Scheduled traffic incident data, such as road construction and road closures
- Traffic flow information (the actual speed data from road sensors)
- Enjoy XM Satellite Radio, featuring over 150 digital channels of commercial-free music, over 30 channels of news, sports, talk and entertainment, over 20 dedicated channels of XM Instant Traffic & Weather, and the deepest playlist in the industry with access to over 2 million titles.*
- XM WX Satellite Weather features county warnings, current conditions, and city forecasts*
- Loading MP3s is drag-and-drop easy - no special software is required
- Send audio to the car stereo through the integrated FM wireless transmitter or 3.5 mm stereo headphone/line-out plug
- Announces street and POI names and addresses to help you keep your eyes on the road
- Arrange destinations to minimize trip distance - a real timesaver for realtors, sales forces, and errand-runners
- Import custom POI such as restaurants and safety cameras from industry-standard CSV files
- Proximity Alert feature warns of upcoming Custom POIs, such as safety cameras and school zones
- Touch screen and alphanumeric remote control
- 3.8" diagonal WQVGA color, automotive-grade, sunlight-readable TFT display; 3.3" W x 1.7" H; 454 x 240 pixels
- Unit dimensions: 5.6" W x 3.2" H x 2.0" D
- Weight: .93 pounds
- Built-in photo sensor adjusts for light conditions automatically
- Integrated dash mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
Package contents include:
- StreetPilot 2730 receiver with built-in GPS antenna
- City Navigator North America NT preloaded
- GXM 30 antenna
- Integrated FM wireless transmitter
- Alphanumeric remote control
- External speaker with 12-volt adapter cable
- USB interface cable
- A/C power adapter
- Dash mount
- Portable non-skid mount (friction mount)
- Protective cover
- Owner's Manual
- Quick-reference guide