Garmin StreetPilot c550: Yes, it really is that simple.
Expected Availability: Second Quarter, 2006
Talk about simple. The portable StreetPilot® c550 comes ready-to-go right out of the box with preloaded maps and plenty of options. This navigator delivers the same, easy-to-use, affordable navigation as our popular selling c300 series with many enhancements like Bluetooth® wireless technology with hands-free calling, an integrated traffic receiver, MP3 player, plus much more.
New c500 series Features:
In addition to the simple touch-screen display found in previous versions, both the StreetPilot c550 along with its counterpart, the StreetPilot c510, come loaded with new c500 series features including:
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver – provides faster acquisition times and maintains signal under heavy foliage and near city skyscrapers
- Automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, anti-glare display – makes it easier to see where you’re going
- Streamlined design – creates a slimmer, more refined shape
- Configurable vehicle icons – allows you to select a fun, customized car-shaped icon that displays when autorouting
- Garmin Lock™ – anti-theft feature that disables the unit from performing any functions until you type in a specific 4-digit PIN or take the unit to a predetermined location.
Features exclusive to the StreetPilot c550 include Bluetooth technology integrated with a microphone and dual speakers that lets you to make hands-free mobile phone calls on a compatible Bluetooth wireless phone. View incoming calls on your c550, and simply tap the screen to answer. Just speak into the built-in microphone while staying focused on your driving. In addition, retrieve and dial numbers from your personalized phone book or the phone’s call history log. You can also make calls from the StreetPilot c550's huge points of interest database – which includes hotels, restaurants, stores, and much more.
Integrated Traffic Receiver:
Another feature unique to the c550 is its integrated traffic capabilities. The c550 includes, an integrated traffic receiver which notifies you of traffic, construction and weather delays and automatically suggests alternative routes.
The c550 comes with preloaded maps of Europe or North America and includes automatic routing, 2D or 3D map perspective, and turn-by-turn voice directions that speak street names — making navigation easy. It is also an MP3 player and accepts customized points of interest (POIs) such as school zones and safety cameras.
Optional software available on plug-in SD cards, lets you instantly add new features to your c550 — without connecting to your computer.
StreetPilot c550 Features:
- Travel Guide™ — gives you helpful and thorough reviews and recommendations for restaurants, hotels, shopping, nightlife, sporting events and tourist attractions. Travel Guide for Europe available for purchase. Travel Guide for United States coming soon.
- Savers Guide™ — a “geo-coded” coupon book that notifies you of nearby discounts on restaurants, hotels, shopping, and more at thousands of participating Entertainment® businesses throughout North America.
- Receiver: New high-sensitivity WAAS-capable GPS receiver by SiRF
- Display: Automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, anti-glare TFT LCD display, 2.8”W x 2.1”H (7.2 x 5.4 cm); 320 x 240 pixels, with touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 4.4”W x 3.2”H x 2.2”D (11.3 x 8.2 x 5.6 cm)
- Weight: .59 pounds (269 g)
- Battery life: up to 8 hours
- Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling
- Integrated traffic reciever
- MP3 player
- Voice announces streets by name
- Includes Garmin Lock™, an anti-theft feature
- Configurable car icons
- Preloaded maps for all of North America or Europe
- Fingertip touch-screen interface
- Look up addresses and points of interest
- Choose 2D or 3D map perspective
- Upload custom POIs, including alerts for speed zones and safety cams
- Add optional software such as Travel and Savers Guides to personalize c550
- SD memory card expansion slot
- StreetPilot c550
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America
- GTM 20 integrated FM TMC traffic receiver with free 3- month trial subscription (U.S.)
- Vehicle suction-cup mount
- Dashboard disk
- USB interface cable
- Carry case
- Quick reference guide