The Garmin StreetPilot i3: A Small Wonder in Car Navigation.
The StreetPilot i3 is the color version in the i-series StreetPilots—a new line of small, inexpensive automotive GPS navigators that make driving fun.
No larger than a baseball and priced affordably, the StreetPilot i-series is destined to be a hit for commuters, college students, and corporate travelers who are looking to experience the ease and enjoyment of GPS satellite navigation for the first time.
Don’t let the size fool you: The StreetPilot i-series has many of the same powerful capabilities as our other premium automotive GPS navigators.
The i-series features a unique and convenient click-to-enter scroll wheel and a “back” button which makes it easy to select a destination from the unit’s menu-driven interface. The i2 and i3 provide voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions through a built-in speaker, and the unit easily moves from vehicle to vehicle with an integrated suction cup mount. The i-series will also automatically put drivers back on course if they miss a turn.
The StreetPilot i2 and i3 come with a MapSource City Select North America NT v7 DVD, which contains mapping detail of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico—featuring nearly six million points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions. Users load the City Select data onto an included 128MB Transflash™ data card via a fast USB connection.
Garmin has also added the ability for customers to augment the pre-loaded maps with Custom POI’s from third parties, such as school zones and safety cameras. In addition, a proximity-alert feature is included to optionally notify the driver of upcoming Custom POI’s.
The i3 features a 32k-color, sunlight readable TFT display with backlight, while the i2 features a high-contrast backlit FSTN monochrome display. Motorists can choose from either a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or overhead “bird’s eye” view. For added convenience, drivers can power the unit with either two AA batteries (six hours, typical use) or the included 12-volt adapter cable.
Package contents include:
- WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS patch antenna with MCX-type connector for optional external antenna
- Unit dimensions: 3.00” W x 2.74” H x 2.15” D
- StreetPilot i3 display: 1.7” W x 1.3” H, 220 x 176 pixels, 32k-color sunlight-readable TFT with backlight
- Weighs only 4.31 oz. (without batteries; includes vehicle suction cup mount)
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Includes 128MB TransFlash card for loading detailed maps from the included MapSource City Select North America NT v7 DVD
- Features scroll wheel with click-to-enter, making it quick & easy to navigate
- Offers a three dimensional mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
- Battery life: up to 6 hours typical use on two AA batteries (7 hours maximum)
- Includes removable 12-volt power adapter cable for external power while in your vehicle
- Includes a vehicle suction cup mount which allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- USB Interface
- StreetPilot i3 receiver
- PC/USB cable
- 12-volt adapter cable
- Vehicle suction-cup mount
- Dashboard adhesive disk
- 128MB Transflash data card
- MapSource City Select North America NT v7 DVD with full unlock
- Setup guide