The Garmin StreetPilot 2720: a premium GPS automotive navigator that offers text-to-speech and traffic interface capabilities.
In addition to the turn-by-turn voice prompted navigation available in earlier StreetPilot models, the 2720’s text-to-speech functionality allows the unit to audibly announce the name of upcoming streets and points of interest (POIs), letting drivers keep their eyes on the road while navigating through busy traffic and tricky roadways.
For drivers in congested metropolitan areas, Garmin is offering the GTM 10, an optional FM RDS-TMC traffic receiver that receives digital information (where available) on traffic, road construction, and weather-related tie-ups. The GTM 10 receives data from selected FM broadcast stations in select cities throughout the United States and Europe. This optional feature lets drivers see congested areas via a color-coded map. When connected to the GTM 10, the StreetPilot 2720 uses this data to automatically calculate and suggest alternative routes based on the traffic information.
The StreetPilot 2720 also boasts a new WQVGA, color, automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, touchscreen display that automatically adjusts the unit’s backlight for optimum viewing in any amount of light. Drivers can view the map in a three-dimensional perspective, or a top-down track-up or north-up view.
The StreetPilot 2720 comes preprogrammed with City Navigator™ North America v7 NT maps—containing detailed road maps throughout the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. This map database features nearly six million POIs —including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions.
Garmin has also added the ability for customers to augment the pre-loaded maps with custom POIs from industry-standard CSV files, such as school zones and safety cameras. In addition, a proximity-alert feature is included to optionally warn the driver of upcoming custom POIs.
In addition to point-to-point navigation, the StreetPilot 2720 can calculate the most efficient route between multiple destinations—a real time-saver for realtors, sales forces, and errand-runners. Drivers can also tell the unit to avoid specific areas or road segments when calculating a route.
StreetPilot 2720 Features:
***Traffic services available only in select cities where RDS-TMC coverage exists. Requires the GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver and possible subscription to enable traffic capability.
Package contents include:
- Preloaded maps—ready to use out of the box
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Turn-by-turn directions
- Avoid traffic tie-ups using optional GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver*
- Text-to-speech feature delivers street and POI names, as well as addresses, so you can keep your eyes on the road
- Arrange destinations to minimize trip distance—a real time-saver for realtors, sales forces, and errand-runners
- Import custom POIs such as restaurants and safety cameras from industry-standard CSV files
- Proximity-alert feature warns of upcoming custom POIs, such as safety cameras and school zones
- Touch-screen and alphanumeric remote control
- View the map in either a three-dimensional perspective or top-down track-up or north-up view
- 3.8”-diagonal WQVGA color, automotive-grade, sunlight-readable TFT display; 3.3”W x 1.7”H; 454 x 240 pixels
- Unit dimensions: 5.6” W x 3.2” H x 2.0” D
- Weight: .93 pounds
- Built-in photo sensor adjusts for light conditions automatically
- Integrated dash mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
- StreetPilot 2720 receiver
- MapSource City Navigator NT North America maps (preloaded)
- 12-volt power cable with external speaker
- Alphanumeric remote control
- PC/USB interface cable
- AC power adapter
- Beanbag mount
- Dash mount
- Protective cover
- Owner’s manual
- Quick-reference setup guide